Against redness complexion
Over time, reactive but also normal skin types become increasingly subject to redness. Most often temporary, skin redness may become established and permanent due to sluggish microcirculation. In fact, microcirculation slows down with age, the number and quality of blood vessels begin to decline, and the constituents of the vessel walls break down.
Myrti’lla is a plant-origin ingredient obtanied from bilberry leaves, rich in polyphenols. It fights against the unsightly appearance of redness and signs of cutaneous aging, for a fresh complexion free of redness.
Vaccinium myrtillus leaf extract
Mechanism of action
- Prevents redness by decreasing the vasodilation effect in surface blood vessels.
- Improves microcirculation by stimulating the formation of sub-epidermal vessels for better cellular exchanges.
- Tones capillaries by decreasing their permeability, due to the presence of tannins.
- In vitro test: improved microcirculation
- Clinical test: anti-redness activity (immediate effect and long term effect
- Total polyphenols ≥ 12%
- Total chorogenic acids ≥ 7%
- Recommended percentage: 0.5%
- Soluble in the aqueous phase
Examples of applications
Skin care : anti-redness creams, skincare for reactive skin, anti-aging skincare/eye contour treatment.