Preserves skin youthfulness
The aging process changes the skin structure: the epidermis and the dermis become atrophied as collagen and elastin fibers are depleted,the activity and number of melanocytes decline, leaving cells without protection from UV rays and therefore also from free radicals. Skin becomes rough and loses its firmness and suppleness; wrinkles begin to form.
Berkemyol® potentilla is an active ingredient, derived from potentilla rhizomes, rich in stabilized polyphenols. It offers a unique combination of properties that help effectively fight against the effects of cutaneous aging, limiting the damage caused by free radicals and maintaing a global action on dermal components.
Palmitoyl potentilla erecta root extract
Maintains skin structure
Prevents wrinkle formation
Protects from glycation
Mechanism of action
- Limits the damage caused by free radicals thanks to antioxidant activity.
- Maintains skin structure and dermal integrity by stimulating the synthesis of collagens III, I and IV.
- Reduces wrinkles by decreasing roughness and improving skin texture.
- Provides anti-aging action by combating the effects of glycation.
- Ex-vivo tests: antioxidant effect, stimulation of collagen III, I and IV.
- Clinical test: anti-wrinkle activity, anti-glycation activity.
- Esterified potentilla rhizome polyphenols > 95%
- Monomers and procyanidolic oligomers (majority of catechin)
- Recommended percentage: 0.3 à 0.7%
- Soluble in the oily phase
Examples of applications
Make-up: make-up with skin care properties