- Tailor-made plant extraction
- Vegetal Library
Premium Grape OPC
Grape seed extract, highly concentrated in Oligomeric ProanthoCyanidins (OPC)
Latin name: Vitis vinifera L.
It is now known that this cardiovascular protection arises in large part from the consumption of wine, particularly red wine, a protective effect which is also found in other populations which consume large quantities of red wine. The large number of studies performed to understand how red wine consumption acts on cardiovascular risk have enabled the most particularly active molecules to be identified: the polyphenols.
The scientific literature shows that grape polyphenols and more particularly OPCs:
- Contribute to good health due to their high antioxidant power,
- Provide cardiovascular protection by improving the vessel wall, protecting LDLs from oxidation and by inhibiting platelet aggregation,
- Have an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect which acts against periodontal disease and dental caries,
- Contribute to prevent diabetes and obesity.
Premium Grape OPC is guaranteed to be 100% of plant origin and complies with all standards to be free of GMOs, allergens, pesticides, heavy metals and mycotoxins.
Physical characteristics............ Beige to light brown fine powder
Polyphenol content................... Total polyphenols: 99%
OPC (total flavanols): 80%
Dimers (HPLC): 27-32%
Monomers (HPLC): 15-30%
- Dietary supplements
- Functional foods/beverages
Anthony Ranson – Business Developer – Plant Extraction Division
Tel: +33 (0)5 53 63 81 00
For more information
> Download our Premium Grape OPC commercial sheet <